Can I give viewers the ability to edit the content, and only admin can review and publish?

Emely Terrazas May 4, 2023

I am looking to see if the group "Can view" make edits without publishing. I did find the comment section. I did find the comment being useful for now but what I am looking is for the viewers to make a change but won't be shown to anyone, only admin. If Admin approves of that new information, then it will be visible to al viewers.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Emely Terrazas ,

This isn't something out of the box. Confluence is more towards a team collaboration wiki.  You want to look into workflow add-ons for confluence where it goes through documentation control and approvals. 

Something like Comala:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/142/comala-document-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=comala_search_mp&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgsaD487c_gIVAAqtBh0inA9DEAAYASAAEgKBA_D_BwE

add-ons have free trials. So, evaluate one that works best for all your needs.

-Ben

Emely Terrazas May 4, 2023

Thank you!

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

Hi @Emely Terrazas ,

One thing you can do with Confluence out of the box:

Make 2 spaces, one edit space and one published space.

Restrict the edit access to the published space to the admin.

Let the "can view" group make edits in the edit space.  When the admin thinks the document is ready, they make a copy into to the published space.

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

@marc -Collabello--Phase Locked- Does this method adjust any links on the page to link to the correct pages in the space you copy to?

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

that depends on how the links were made, and where the links go to.

I'd suggest that you try with a test space and a test page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events