Can I freeze a Confluence page to never run macros again?

We use Confluence for many things, including status reports.  

These Status reports can/do have macros in them that pull data from other sources (JIRA, for example).  

I would like to be able to "freeze" (archive/memorial/finalize) a page so that during the "final" version of the page, the content is permanent and can't be changed.

Example:

1. User creates a status report that includes a JIRA macro that pulls in issues. 
  2. There are two issues, ISSUE-1, and ISSUE-2
  3. ISSUE-1 is in "Open" status and ISSUE-2 is in "New" status. Both are reflected correctly in the Confluence page.
  4. User finishing status report and the date is 1/1/2016.
  5. Two months later (3/1/16), both issues are in "Closed" status.  

Current Result

• On 3/1, status report of 1/1 now shows the two issues are "Closed"

Desired Result:

• On 3/1 status report shows the issues status AS OF 1/1.  

Thoughts?

1 answer

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately you can't. Dynamic macros don't contain any data until you open the page, at which point the macro runs [whatever query/search it needs to] and renders the data on the page.  If the data in JIRA has changed, the report will change.

If you want a snapshot of how a report looks at a specific point in time, you'll have to take a screenshot.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

849 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you