Can I extract/view all open tasks in a group of child pages?

Spencer October 8, 2017

and further to that can I extract/view all open tasks which have exceeded their assigned delivery date? I don't want to have to go hunting through all the child pages for the open tasks but rather run something which provides me with an extract of some description?

Thanks

Spencer

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Hi Spencer,

You can try using the Task Report Macro which will allow you to list the tasks for specific space(s) or page(s) in Confluence.

Can you have a look at that and let us know if you have any questions about it?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Spencer October 11, 2017

Thanks Shannon this looks good and will do the trick for me.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

You're welcome! Just let us know if you have any questions about it.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Spencer November 23, 2017

Hi Shannon - one further question on this. is there a way to export the consolidated actions from a page?

Thanks

Spencer

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 24, 2017

Hi Spencer,

I am sorry; I don't understand what you mean. Do you want to export the page in Confluence that contains the tasks? Any of the export options in the . . . menu will include your tasks from the Task Report Macro.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Spencer November 26, 2017

Hi Shannon yes you are correct I would like to export all of the rolled up actions - however when rolled up there are four pages of them as the page only holds a max of 40. Is there a way to export the lot or do I have to export each page due to the sheer number of them?

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2017

Hi Spencer,

At this time there is a known bug that states that in Confluence you will be unable to export more than one page of tasks at a time. In addition, there is a feature request to be able to display more than 40 on one page:

Please vote on both of these issues to show that you require the feature and that you are affected by the bug. You can watch them both in order to be updated of changes.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Like Bishoy Mushraky likes this
0 votes
Palak Patel November 27, 2017

Hi Spencer,

There is a macro named "Task Report" in this macro if you specify the Space(s) names or even Page(s) name from which you want all task to be view or extract. This report shows list of all open task in mention space(s) or page(s).

You can also then export as PDF, the page where macro "Task Report" is used to get consolidated view/report of tasks.

Spencer November 27, 2017

Hi Palak

Yes I'm already using the macro and consolidating the actions on to a top parent page however due to the amount of actions there are several pages of them on this page. I can export them to word etc however I would currently have to export numerous times as it only exports the actions displayed. i.e. page 1 below. Is there a way to export all of the consolidated actions?

Capture.PNG

Dana Jansen June 8, 2018

There is a known bug in the export process for the Task Report not being able to export more than 20 tasks 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-40585

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events