Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do in-app editing of documents I uploaded to confluence ?

Dash Alvarez May 12, 2023

We are trying to move our files from Sharepoint to Confluence but one of our concern is we can't do in-app editing or live collaboration of files we uploaded in confluence. Is there a way we can do it ? or the only way is for us to download it and reupload it once we're done ? 

2 answers

0 votes
Alexandre Mendes _ikuTeam_ June 6, 2023

Hi @Dash Alvarez

Here is Alexandre from ikuTeam, an Atlassian marketplace partner, and I'd like to suggest you try our app: Microsoft SharePoint & OneDrive for Confluence, which allows to connect files and folders to Confluence pages and one-click editing Office 365 documents. 

Hope this helps and if you need any assistance, just let me know.

0 votes
Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

Hello @Dash Alvarez !

Usually, the very idea of COnfluence is to use pages/spaces as the document itself, so you get "virtual" representation of documents where you can use all dynamic stuff ike macros/addons to build real-time documentation system with exports/imports , collaborative editing etc.

Using Confluence as files storage may be not the best solution.

So it can be better to try architecture the migration of documents as converted into Confluence format and use benefits of it :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events