Can I display JIRA issues in Confluence without the hyperlinks?

We'd like to use Confluence to create a document that includes a list of JIRA issues. The document will be public-facing, so we don't want to include the hyperlinks that display with the JIRA Macro.

Is there a way to display JIRA issues in Confluence without the hyperlinks? 

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Funny you should ask. I did this the other week for a customer. Create a new multilingual text custom field. Use the wiki renderer in a field config for the project. Enter the issue keys in the gilts wrapped by the noformat macro. Then choose that field in the confluence JIRA macro. 

If scripted fields allowed wiki markup this could be automated

Multiline that is. Gilts was field before autocorrect struck

Thank you, Matt. I will give this a try.

Boris Berenberg Community Champion Feb 12, 2015

Just insert a link and paste the URL into there.

We don't want to publish links or anything that looks like a link. Is there a way to pull the the issue from JIRA and display it in "paragraph" style without a link?

Boris Berenberg Community Champion Feb 12, 2015

Take a screenshot of it and embed it in the document? Maybe export the issue to PDF and then attach that?

If you are open to new plugins then ConfiDoc plugin might help.

You will need a define your connection to JIRA in plugin configuration and then basically can make the same queries as JIRA issues plugin does, but have total control on how the result is shown (tables, cards, wysiwyg)

It can connect to any service that have REST API (basically all Atlassian products), you can also show some un-stuctured content from other services (just arbitrary HTMLs, images)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

360 views 2 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you