Can I disable the Views column in the attachments

Paul Dow April 20, 2023

I am using the attachments maco on a child page; then a include page macro to expose the child page with the attachments macro on the parent page. The child page shows a View column, but when exposed on the parent page, it does not, and the information from the Last Modified column squeezes into the Views column and causes the table to expand greatly. This separates the line items quite a bit and does not show the correct information.

Is there a way I can fix this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Paul Dow ,

I can reproduce your issue in that also in our instance a statistics plugin inserts the "views" column in the table created by the attachments macro.
However, the problem that the table extends over the entire width of the page is not caused by this column. Even if I hide the column with my table filter macro as well as without the statistics plugin, the behavior of the output of the attachment macro is the same.
To make the table clearer (reduce the width of the column file), I guess the only way is to work with the Page Layout or the macros Section and Column.

Hope that helps!

Paul Dow April 25, 2023

I believe your solution would work. However, I opted to use a different macro to achieve the result I needed. I chose to us the "Advanced Tables, attachment tables".

There is some tweaking that I will need to do for layout consistency, but I believe I will be able to achieve what I need.

1 vote
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

@Paul Dow Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

It sounds like you may have some overlapping elements here, The Attachments macro does not include a view count. Can you check what macro is being used on the child page?

Can you post a screenshot of the two pages so we can see the behavior and diagnose? 

Paul Dow April 25, 2023

I was using the attachments macro on the child page and exposing it on the parent page with the include page macro. If I view the attachment macro on the child page, the view count is there. When it is exposed on the parent page the view count is missing and the last modified information is moved into that column space which is allocated to the view count which is much smaller in size and therefore extends down in order to fit.

I have opted to go with a different attachments type macro "Advanced Tables, attachment tables" which works. I just wish I could define its width property in order to standardize the appearance. Perhaps I can I just will have to tinker to figure out my options. Most likely some CSS will help.

Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events