Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delete the Confluence database table that stores the pre-XHTML pages?

Paul Stahlke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2014

Hi, after we upgraded to Confluence 4 and the new XHTML storage format, our database doubled in size from 35GB to 70GB. I'm guessing that Confluence created a new database table for the new storage format and kept the old markup database table as a backup. After 2 years on the new format, can I just delete the old markup table(s)? And what table(s) would they be? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2014

Hi Paul,

That's a very good question and a dangerous one. I believe that there won't be problems deleting, however I couldn't find any documentation in Atlassian stating that you can do it. My worries is that this could cause some problem in the future or if the wiki markup is being referred somewhere in the database. if you'd like to test this, I recommend to do in a staging instance.

Also, I'll leave this question open so other people may give their thoughts.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events