Can I define an alternative page title?

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

Hello everyone,

is there a way to define an alternative page title for a Confluence page?

I would like to have a second alternative page title that allows me to do certain things that are not possible with the original page title, for example:

• have different pages with the same title (for example titles like "Description", "Technical Details", that appear in different chapters)
  • use characters like "äöüß", etc. in the page title
  • easily create separate page titles for different language versions on the same page

Is this possible? Is there a macro for this?

This question is related to another one I asked before ( https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/49483/how-can-i-customise-the-content-of-the-automatically-generated-toc-don-t-want-page-names-but-my-own-headings ) in the sense that finding such an alternative page title would also solve the other topic.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2012

Hi,
for exporting your pages with Scroll-office, you can use the "scroll-title" makro. That does not work inside the wiki, though.

Josh

2 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2012

We use the Zen Foundation theme on our Website, and I sometimes find that I want to do the same thing - have an alternative title.

They enable "mocking" this capability a few different ways -

• by hiding the title, you can then use an header format which seems like title.
  • by inserting a section above the body frame, you can make the section seem like the title.

Of course this section reference I am referring to is also different than Confluence - so you have to try it to understand. But in short, Zen Foundation breaks down Confluence page layouts and pages into sectionals that can be dragged and dropped, and the way you piece it together gives you tons of flexibility for needs such as what you are suggesting.

Alternatively, you are talking about a few custom macros to do the functions you describe, which we can also help with. Its all possible - just need to be creative on your piecing of it together, or plugins, macros you use..

1 vote
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012

Hallo Steffen

The K15t Software team is developing a new plugin (currently in beta) that will allow duplicate page titles in the same space. The way it does this, is by allowing you to define an alternative page title.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-versions

Cheers

Sarah

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2012

Hello everyone,

I went through different possibilities and it seems I will give one of the scroll plugins from k15t a try since it offers this and some other interesting functions. Thanks for all the input.

Cheers

0 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2012

Have you tried Excerpt macro or Multi Excerpt plugin(commercial)? Excerpts can be included with Except Include, PageTree, Children Display and other macros. They do not however replace page titles in the display.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events