Can I customize a URL to a page within Confluence?

Hi,

As we go to using Confluence for documentation for our general user base, I've run into something that seems either like I'm unique or just not asking the question the right way, so I apologize if this has been answered already.

The question is this: we'd like to have a more friendly way to refer users to particular pages in Confluence from external sources.  So, for example, our confluence being at https://wiki.example.com and we have our outages page which is at /display/OPS/Current+Outages what I'm looking for is some way of generating a URL like https://wiki.example.com/outages - which we can include in documentation, and presumably hides the internal processing of the service as much as possible.  I know I can do this with redirects in Apache, but it seemed obvious that someone else would have answered this question if there's a better way to do it.

This wouldn't be used very often, it's just that for those viewing URLs it seems easier to remember (or identify from browser history) than the /display path.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

2 answers

Thanks, Steve!  That isn't what I was hoping to hear, but I guess the idea of a URL as containing information that end-users might understand isn't all that popular.  

I support the request and do not understand why this is such a big deal to have a custom link or rules to generate links without '+'. The biggest issue we have that the links are changed when the titles are changed. Is this exist as requested feature?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

133 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you