Can I create two charts from the same table?

Deleted user September 11, 2015

I am trying to create two different charts based off the same table. Short of recreating the table, is there another way of creating the second chart?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2015

Put the table on a separate page. Then use include page macro inside the various chart macros.

Here is the storage view of the page:

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="chart"><ac:parameter ac:name="dataOrientation">vertical</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body>
<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="include"><ac:parameter ac:name=""><ac:link><ri:page ri:content-title="chart include" /></ac:link></ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
Deleted user September 15, 2015

i tried that and it didn't work, any other suggestions?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

It does work. Double check your pages.

Deleted user September 16, 2015

It does work, Out of how is this different from copying and pasting the table twice?

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2015

It makes it possible to only have one copy of the table so that when it gets updated, both charts will reflect the same update.

Sandeep.Sharma April 3, 2022

This worked for me as well but did not solve the purpose. It allows only 1 chart from a table. This is what I intend to achieve

1. Create single table on "Page 1" 

2. Create 3 different charts on "Page 2" using the same table on "Page 1"

3. I am able to create 1st chart by including "Page 1" but as soon as I try 2nd chart, the 1st page include vanishes. Looks like it allows one page to be included only once.

Is there a way I can include a section (table in this case) from Page 1 multiple times on Page 2 for creating different charts?

Please suggest.

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2022

Hi @Sandeep_Sharma ,

We can suggest using our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. It's available for Cloud/Server/Data Center.

This case is a common one for the app: you reuse your source table as many times as you need with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros (on the same page or other pages).

Then you wrap each Table Excerpt Include macro in the Chart from Table macro and create different charts based on the same table. So, you'll get a kind of a dashboard.

Like # people like this
Sandeep.Sharma April 4, 2022

Thanks Katerina!

I am yet to try this in full but read through the documentation and it should help me fulfill my requirement.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events