Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create, publish, then delete a Child page without going to my Confluence administrator?

Lori.Malvey January 28, 2020

OK, I am tasked to be my department's Confluence sub-administrator (I don't know what else to call it; if you're in a large corporation, Confluence seems to be geared toward small business, not enough tiers above "Space", but that's another story). Being in a large corporation, we were given a "Space" (I've got no say over templates and all those great features I can't use), and I quickly learned if I create a Page, publish it, then want it deleted, I need to go to the Administrator for him to delete it. QUESTION:  I need to play around with Confluence to learn it (just the way I am, I need to experiment once I learn something), and can I create Child Pages and delete them myself? I'm afraid to try since I already have a Page that I need to ask someone (admin) to delete. Let me know and thanks.

ALSO...are there templates on the Page level? This is where I'm at, I need to do a lot at the Page and Child Page level only (that's my playground, since it's a large corporation). Thanks.

OKAY, I am putting my reply here (won't take a "reply").

Thank you. I created 3 pages as you instructed. There is no ability to delete the Page nor the Child Pages (I can copy, I can move, but not delete). Bummer.

Thanks for the pointing out the templates (I knew that but wasn't sure if that was all there is).

Have a great day.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi Lori, 

A quick way to see if you can do any of the above is to create and publish a page - Call it A. Then from page A click the + in the sidebar and create another page and publish it. Call it B. Repeat the step again and call the next page C. 

Your breadcrumb menu at the top should look something like this: 

C.pngClick the three dots on Page C. Do you have an option at the bottom to delete the page?

If not, - you can't delete any pages, in which case you need to request these test pages to be deleted.  

If yes, then you have permission to delete C, and B and A. 

You should always have a landing page, so what ever page you have there, always create the pages from that one.

For example create a page called Lori's Landing Page and then create all your sub-pages from that page. 

There are templates on every page level. Simply click the + sign and any of the templates you see can be used. 

Templates create.png

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events