Can I create default space permissions with no access like Anonymous?

I want to create a default permission with no access like Anonymous, so that when my spaces administrators need to permit access they do not have to remember the group names. They can simply click which permissions they want to assign to a group.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Bob,

I believe that you can achieve this by creating a group in confluence and grant permission to this group to access that specific space. However to do this, you'll have to put the people inside that group and they will count towards the license.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo:

Thanks for the suggestion. Let me try to clarify. We want to create a default group that will appear like Anonymous does for global space permisssions. All permissions disabled--just waiting for a space admin to modify.

Hi Bob,

thanks for clarifying. I believe this is not possible from confluence interface and bundled functionalities.

You may need to do some coding in confluence to change/add the current anonymous to be a kind of group, although I think this is going to be very difficult to implement.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Thanks. Hoping somone might have another option or be able to provide a code sample.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

92 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you