Can I create a checkbox and record time checkbox was ticked on a confluence page?

Tommy R November 20, 2020

I'm currently making a confluence page containing a checklist of steps to take to complete a process. I want to be able to have a checkbox that a user can click to indicate that they have started a step and another to check when they have finished.

I've got the checkbox's in place but is there any way I can display the time of it being checked next to the checkbox and user who checked it without having to manually type it? I.e.

[ ] Start
[ ] Mark as complete

-------

[/] Started at 13:15 by J.Smith
[/] Completed at 13:40 by J.Smith

I've tried writing a JavaScript macro to append the time and user details to the html that contains the checkbox however I haven't found any way of being able to save that data to confluence so that it doesn't disappear on page refresh.

The only other solution I could think of would be if confluence stores the time/name of user who clicked the checkbox and perhaps I could retrieve that data and inject it into the html on page load? However I have not found suitable data (I believe the Page History records some updates but does not record individual checkbox state changes).

I'd really appreciate any help or ideas anyone might have. 

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Brendan Ford March 31, 2021

Checking of a checkbox is saved as a page revision in the Page History.  I am also searching for a way to do something like this and using the Page History is not the most convenient solution, but I wanted to point that out to you because you didn't seem to realize that and I thought it might help you.

If we could somehow query the page history, then that could be helpful, so I am looking into whether that is in the API.  If I find something, I will post back here.  If you have already found a good solution, please let me know.

Thanks!

R Smith August 15, 2023

Hi Brendan/Tommy? Any luck here? I'm also desperate to get something in place for this to use as checkboxes for HR T&Cs i.e. "[]I have read the [n] policy." There is this macro in app marketplace https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211154/checkbox?tab=overview&hosting=server but seems like an unnecessary fee for something that really should be OOTB in Confluence itself. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events