Can I copy from Word with images directly into Confluence ?

Peter Felice May 30, 2017

There does not seem to be a consesnus on this. I Run Mac OS 10.12.5 and When I copy and past it picks up the text but not the impages. I can import the document but then it is a word document in confluence. Client wants content in confluence. Can anybody help with this ? 

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2017

Another option would be to attach the word document ot the page and then use the Office Word macro to render the page out as if it were a Confluence page ... images and all. It will give you and edit link as well that will automatically open the attachment is Word allowing you to hit save and have the changes "pushed" back into Confluence without having to do the whole dowload a local copy, make your changes, and re-upload.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

Hi Peter,

if you import the document, it is no word document in Confluence, you generate Confluence pages from the content of the word document.

Or did I understood you wrong?

Steffi Frank May 31, 2017

copy & paste from Word to Confluence does not work...

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

no, not copy and  paste,

import the document:

importword.png

Like Christian Miller likes this
Gail Parsloe July 1, 2018

Thank you for your answer, but this solution did not work for me. Import Word Document imported the text, but no images. 

Christian Miller April 24, 2019

This worked for me, and the images imported as well. Nice!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events