Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I convert existing wiki pages to use a new template?

Andy Lewis April 18, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2016

I read the question in two different ways.  The second one was what Aleks has covered.

The first was "I created a page with template X, I should have used template Y, can I convert?".  To which the answer is "no" - a template in Confluence is literally a template.  When you create something from it, you get a page with preset stuff on it for you to edit.  The template has nothing to do with the page after that initial population.  There's no link between them, and changing a template has no effect on existing pages.

Andy Lewis April 21, 2016

Thanks for your response. I better be sure my template is final before I start to create content.

0 votes
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

Hi,
If you would like to convert an existing page to a template, you can copy the content from the page and paste it into the template editor. There is no automated way of doing this. 

Here is what you need: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf54/confluence-user-s-guide/creating-content/working-with-templates/adding-a-template

Andy Lewis April 21, 2016

Thanks very much for your response. I was hoping there would be some automated method of retroactively applying templates. This means that a template must be designed and approved 100% before it can be used.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events