Can I configure the height on the Confluence Page Gadget (Cloud version)?

Using Confluence Cloud, insert Confluence Page gadget, set up configuration and save.

Publish page and can only see a small section of the inserted page with scroll bars to the right. There is no option to set the height. I'd like to configure the height to simply replicate the page without scrolling.

MM

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Michael,

It is not possible to adjust the height of the Confluence Page Gadget, only the width.

This has been requested in the past as a feature but unfortunately we do not have plans to implement this in the near future.

Thank you for your understanding!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

The decision to "Not Fix" doesn't make any sense. Why would you limit a gadget like this in such a way? At the very least the gadget should be height responsive. As it is right now, it will only display the top 1 to 1 1/2 inches of the target page. It's no small wonder that there is very little demand. Who would demand a gadget that doesn't work? Not to mention you've buried the issue and locked down the voting.

This is not a complicated fix. I would imagine there are quite a few users out there who would use this gadget to display view only pages in a clean knowledge space, while the source page resides in a working space that's locked down. 

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your feedback on the request. The development team will see this and can take it into account.

The voting is blocked now as a result of the request being closed, and not for any other reason.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

@Shannon Spaniol Sorry if that sounded a little harsh. That gadget would have been an elegant solution to a frustrating problem we're having. 

I understand that Atlassian can't please everyone, everytime.

Michael

Hi Michael,

No worries! I do understand the frustration and we are trying to implement as many features as possible to please the greater number of users.

Cheers,

Shannon

Hi Michael,

It's probably worth noting now, that Atlassian have announced that they're deprecating this gadget by 11th September.

They currently offer no other alternative for displaying Confluence Pages (or external pages/iframes) within a JIRA Dashboard gadget.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/removing-unsupported-confluence-gadgets-from-jira-935575093.html

Thanks Warren, I saw that come across my desk yesterday. They did have a work-around, but I doubt that's going to work for us. We've gone a different route anyway.

Cheers,

Michael

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

255 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you