Can I collapse images on a page?

Jennifer Trotter July 10, 2014

there are several images on a parent page. I want to collapse so they are not seen by a user. Can I do that? The image macro doesn't seem to have that capability.

Can someone please comment an answer for this question? Thank you.

6 answers

1 vote
RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

If you put images inside the "expand" macro, they won't be displayed on the page until the user chooses to expand the hidden page elements.

There are a ton of them. I don't want to have to remove them from where they are and then put them back in under another macro...a lot of work there.

0 votes
Michelle Vincent November 1, 2017

I'm trying to use images as the title for an expand so that when a user clicks on the image, it expands with more information. I tried using the Source Editor to replace the title of the expand with the image but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Eliot Cole April 5, 2018

I'm also really wanting to do this, hoping that someone finds a way.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

If you want to easily put expand macros around each you can use the Confluence Source Editor to do this. It has find a replace capability. So you would do two find and replaces. They would look like this ...

First Find and Replace
Find: <ac:image>
Replace: <ac:structured-macro ac:name="expand"><ac:rich-text-body><ac:image>

Second Find and Replace
Find: </ac:image>
Replace: </ac:image></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>

This will put an expand macro around each image allowing you to individually expand or collapse them. Depending upon how many images you have on your page this could be client browser intensive.

0 votes

all users is what I meant.

0 votes
Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

Jo Jennifer,

If you want to hide it, you can stylized them via CSS and display:none;

If you want to set, who can see it, you can use hide macro from ServiceRocket :) https://docs.servicerocket.com/display/VIS/hide-if

when you say stylize them via CSS and display:none, can you elaborate? Or give me the step by step process to do that? Thank you.

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

On space, where you want to hide something go to space tools and there find Look and there Stylesheet. There you can edit CSS. So if you want to disable images, you have to know what type. You can use Developer tool, in Chrome, right click on image and show code (check element)... Here you will see HTML tags for it and some class or id, for that you can write css and hide it :) For more info how using css read this web pages http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

they are not seen by a user

By a specific user or all users?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events