Can I collaborate with a colleague on a DrawIO diagram if I have the DrawIO plugin?

AgileBitFlipper
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2020

I have Confluence server, self-hosted v7.5.0.
I also have the latest DrawIO plugin.  
I have a self-hosted DrawIO server available.

What I need to know is, can my team collaborate on a single DrawIO diagram.  If so, working with this configuration above, what do I need to setup in order to make this happen?

I have DrawIO files attached to pages, and I have a single DrawIO diagram ON a page using the {drawIO } macro.  I'm not sure if there is a difference here that might impact our success with collaboration.

I can tell you that the Atlassian Companion does allow versioning of the DrawIO attached files, but the editing is solo, not collaborative.

1 answer

1 vote
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2020

Does the diagram have to be stored on that server, or is embedding from a cloud storage, like Google Drive, an option?

Andrew Montcrieff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2020

We operate from a self-hosted SCIF-like environment, so the document would have to be at rest on the platform with no access to internet resources.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2020

For the self-hosted Confluence with diagrams stored on the server, there's no live collaboration for draw.io. There is sync and merge functionality, though, rather than just last write wins.

Like Andrew Montcrieff likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events