Can I change the horizontal line rule color on an individual basis, instead of system wide?

Neil Adams August 7, 2017

I am trying to change the default color on the horizontal line rule on just an individual page, not a global change. Is it possible to use markdown to do that, or not?

Thank you!

-neil

2 answers

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Hi Neil,

do you have the free plugin Confluence Source Editor installed?

With that, you are able to edit the sources of your Confluence page directly:

A page with the horizontal rule looks in Confluence Sources like that:

<hr/>

With the source editor you can add a style to your hr, e.g.:

<hr style="border: dashed rgb(0,255,0) 1.0px;background-color: rgb(170,0,0);height: 15.0px;"/>

The hr then looks like this:

image.png

Neil Adams August 8, 2017

Thomas,

I was unaware of that plugin. I'll give that a shot and see if that works.

Thank you!

-Neil

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi Neil,

It's not possible to edit CSS for a single page in Confluence. We have a feature request for this, however: CONFSERVER-41708. You can vote onthat issue to help us keep track of how many users would be interested in such a feature.

In the meantime, my reccomendation would be to try Dan's answer on this other community post and enable the HTML Macro and use that to try and insert the CSS for the single page.

Let us know if you have any trouble!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Neil Adams August 8, 2017

Shannon,

Thanks for your reply! I'll also give that a shot and see what works. 

-Neil

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi Neil, 

No worries! Thomas' answer is also very good as you can directly edit the page so go ahead and give them both a try and see which works best for you.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events