Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I automatically create and open a new page to when I select an item on an existing page and create a link?

Jack Danahy August 13, 2015

We have plenty of excellent user input about the way they will use our solution.  We stick these, in list format with modest detail, in Confluence.  I want to select each of the items, and do some magic to create a link, and to have that magic also open up a new page ( that the link will point to ) where I can edit more details about the actual request and get the team refining the idea on that sub-page.

My current process is to take the list, create files for each item, populate each file, the select the list item, create a link, and point it to the previously create file.  For hundreds of items, this is a massive pain.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

One way would be to use wiki markup to create links to non-existent pages. Then when you click on the link, it creates a new page, you can even define what the title of the new page will be within the link. Furthermore, this creates a nice list of image2015-8-13 9:12:58.png links so you know where you left off.

So if you have a bit of user input like, "This solution is da bomb! But I want more videos." And you want to eventually create a page called "Training Videos," then you can insert Markup like:

[This solution is da bomb! But I want more videos.|Training Videos]
Jack Danahy August 13, 2015

Perfect. Now I edit the original page, add a square brace to the front and back of the list item, save the page, and click on the red link. I save that, and I am all set. I appreciate your help and answer Milo. You have saved me hours.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

I love this answer. It's a simple functionality but it has very powerful uses.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events