Can I add a static Information from a set of JIRA tickets and add a confluence column to add text?

Brian Walker November 3, 2021

At the moment I'm trying to create reports on the status of tickets out of multiple projects in JIRA.  I can use the JIRA Macro in confluence and get the correct columns to be displayed using JQL filters.  

However, I want to have a weekly static snapshot with all this information in the table, but I would also like to add a column to the table that can be completed from within Confluence so no one needs to go to each JIRA ticket to add some commentary to the report.  Is this possible with vanilla?  Or is there another way to do it?

Field I have from JIRA:

- Key

- Summary

- Priority

- Status

- Type

- Story Points 

- Labels

- Supporting Information (custom field)

- And I would like to add a Notes field in the confluence table for the teams to complete with summaries.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2021

Hi @Brian Walker

Unfortunately, you won't be able to do this with the jira issues macro.  You can request this as a new feature here: System Dashboard - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Or check the marketplace for plugins.

Regards

Brian Walker November 4, 2021

I suspected that would be the case.

Thank you for confirming

Chris Fortmueller March 31, 2022

@Brian Walker You can query the history of a JIRA-Ticket. See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Becoming-a-JIRA-Search-Ninja-History-searches-in-JIRA/ba-p/461943.

E.g. 

project = PPLUS AND status WAS "In Progress" ON "2017-01-01"
project = PPLUS AND status WAS "In Progress" DURING ("2017-01-01", "2017-01-31")
project = PPLUS AND status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "Awaiting Code Review" ON "2017-03-15"

This might provide you with an automatic or at least semi-automatic way of doing what you want.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events