Can Confluence templates create unique copies of attached files?

Paul Willman September 13, 2018

I would like to create a project management template that comes pre-populated with all of the documents that are needed to deliver a project.  There are numerous templates in Word, Excel, Project, and other file formats that we have created for a PM to use to deliver and track the project, and I would like for Confluence to use a template that creates a page for each project, along with copies of the documents referenced by the template for each and every page created by the template.  This way, we don't have to tell our PMs "Go out to this page and make copies of the documents", they are just part of the Confluence page the template creates.

Thus far, using the Insert Files and Images (Ctrl+M) template command, it appears that I am only able to reference a file on another page.  Each time I edit the document on a page created by that template, the source document is changed.  This destroys my library of process documentation.

Is what I am trying to accomplish possible in Confluence?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2018

Your template has been built to point to a single source of a document.

You can edit that, pointing it to a copy of the doc attached instead, just by editing the template, but it won't make copies of files, that's going to need code in a blueprint.

Paul Willman September 14, 2018

Understood - thanks Nic.

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2018

Hi Paul,

Our Page Tree Creator (PTC) could be a solution for requirement. A PTC Template is based on a normal Confluence page tree. So you can add all your documents within this page tree and you don't need any programming skills. You can find the PTC on the Marketplace. There is also a link to our example pages.

Regards,
Stephan (CEO of EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events