Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Confluence default permissions allow anonymous access?

Lester Martin December 12, 2012

Based on https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/egIYDw, it does not seem so, but wanted to verify.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Hello Lester,

Unfortunately no. Assuming that you would not like everyone to have anonymous acces to Confluence we don't let this option be enabled.

If you by mistake create a space that should not be accessible to all users, and forget to add permissions, letting anonymous access, you'll leak information through this.

That's why we don't have such option available, I would suggest this as a feature, but I believe that this would not be a valid feature as this would go against security of Confluence.

What you can do is to enable anonymous access to each space by Managing Permissions.

Hope you can understand that.

Cheers,

Guilherme.

Dane July 13, 2013

It would nice to have the feature turned on or off, for public facing sites it is very frustrating to monitor non anynmous spaces. That something that should be left to the user to change. Is it possible in the configs or database someplace?

Like Rachael Roueche likes this
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

If you want this to be solve do the following:

If there are enough requests, Atlassian will reconsider the old closure. Adding support tickets is essential becaue I doubt there is anyone getting email notifications on comments form closed tickets.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2014

There really isn't anything that Support can do for an existing feature request but to link the support ticket to that ticket on https://jira.atlassian.com. The appropriate individual(s) on the development team will get notified of comments on the ticket so that is the appropriate action, NOT filing a support ticket.

0 votes
Lester Martin December 12, 2012
Guilherme, thanks for the follow-up. I do understand the thinking, but when you run Confluence in-house (not publicly on the Internet or via on-demand) this becomes a welcomed feature. Thanks again.
0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2012

Hi Lester,

You can have anonymous access in Confluence if you'd like, check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+anonymous+access for detailed info on configuring this setting.

Thanks,

-dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events