Can Confluence be linked across 2 Organisations?

HTK Admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2012

Hi

We are a software development company with sites in the UK and the Ukraine. Both sites have seperate Confluence instances.

Is there a way to link the 2 Confluence intances so that team members at each site are authorised to view both instnaces of Confluence or do we need to pay for and add all users at each site?

Alternaitively what is the most cost effective way of supporting both sites if we don't want to enable anonymous access?

Thanks
Scott

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Unless you have a Google Apps account in the company, I don't think this is currently possible for OnDemand. They will each need their own license for each user that is using the system.

Currently OnDemand doesn't support SSO or custom LDAP. It's available for the installed version though.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Hi, if they are 2 separate Confluence instances, you will need 2 licenses and each user will count towards your license. If you want something similar to an SSO solution, you can take a look at Atlassian Crowd and delegate an user authentication to it. Otherwise, if they are already on an LDAP server, this can be shared.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events