Calling all Confluence table users. What are you missing most?

Andreas Springer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

Hey, everyone!

I found myself having to work a lot with tables in Confluence Cloud lately. Doing that I encountered a few things along the way that I think could use improvement. And also some things I just would like to see, even if it's pretty unlikely for it to ever be implemented. That made me curious, so here's a question to have some fun with:

What would you change or add to Confluence Cloud tables if it was your decision?

I'll start. Usually I start by putting down thoughts in list form. Later I realize that a table would be better suited to make everything clearer. So what I'd like to have is...

• A way to quickly turn lists of bullet points into a table where the first level of bullet points would become one table column and the second level would become the next column.
    • So this one would look like so:
A way to quickly turn lists of bullet points into a table where the first level of bullet points would become one table column and the second level would become the next column.

So this one would look like so:

Pretty wild, I know. Or would that also be useful for you? What else would you add?

Curious to see what you can come up with. :)

Cheers!

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Chambers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2023

For a start, I think it would be useful to restore some of the functionality lost from the legacy templates:

• cutting and pasting rows and columns
  • splitting a table
  • determining whether tables are responsive or fixed width
  • not forcing tables to span the full width of the page.
1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

Wir haben uns für das Add-on "Table Filters and Charts for Confluence" entschieden, weil es das einzige Add-on ist, das unsere Excel-Welt am besten repräsentiert. Mittlerweile gibt es jedoch viele andere Tabellen-Add-ons.

Für uns ist die Frage also nicht, was wir am meisten brauchen. Die einfache Tabellenfunktion von Confluence nutzen wir eher im Rahmen von Projektarbeiten und Listungen. Alle anderen Tabellen bearbeiten wir mit dem oben genannten Add-on.

Viele Grüße - Gaby

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

I want to be very clear about relationships.  I work for an  Atlassian partner, Confluence is where I and the rest of our people go first, and it usually works.  We are not ready.

But. 

• Tables
  • Sorting
  • Headers
  • Being able to embed proper metadata
  • Search
  • and
  • and 
  • and

There is some Adaptavist stuff I could talk about, and there are some really good apps, especially for tables, but we are actually a bit stuck on this one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events