• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Calculating dates from a start date

I currently create a confluence page per software release by copying the previous release page. The start / end dates for each task is essentially a start date + n days.

Is there any way to calculate this automatically? ie setting the start date and the page calculates all the following dates?

I am not particularly technical, so if anyone knows a simple solution it would be great.

Thanks

2 answers

I would like this ability, too. I'm trying to convince a group of users to utilize Confluence instead of Excel for their project information, but not being able to calculate future dates based on a start date in Confluence (especially when Excel can) is a deal breaker for them. :(

Any work-arounds? Potential future release?

Thanks!

This can be done with Table Transformer macro (Table Filter and Charts app). Here is example:

1. The source table 2019-09-16_10h08_28.png
  2. Adding the Table Transformer macro 2019-09-16_10h09_41.png
  3. Add this query 2019-09-16_10h14_58.png

SELECT *, 
(T1.'Start Date' + "5d")::Date->toLocaleDateString() AS 'End Date'
FROM T1

4. Ensure that there are 24 hours in day are set 2019-09-16_10h17_48.png5. Get the result 2019-09-16_10h21_12.pngThe calculated date can be formatted in different ways if needed.

Something wrong with two first screenshots. Here they are

2019-09-16_10h08_28.png2019-09-16_10h09_41.png

Hi @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ ,

is it possible to take time format as like: MMMM d, yyyy as Start Date?

I used the correct pattern in "Settings" as i got the pattern.

My Data:

Anmerkung 2020-04-22 145101.png

Hi @erzn,

Please, set the date format to M dd, yy in the macro settings (for dates like Apr 16, 2020).

Like erzn likes this

Hi @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ thanks for your quick response!

I still get invalid Date as a result:

Anmerkung 2020-04-22 150641.pngAnmerkung 2020-04-22 150815.png

Strange, I tried to reproduce the issue, but it works in both English and German languages. Maybe you are using an outdated version of the Table Filter and Charts app. Could you try to update it?

Unfortunately not.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the source data comes in from the Jira macro? The data is pulled in regularly via the Jira macro and the table is then included within the transformer app.

Please, contact StiltSoft support, it will be easier to resolve the issue there.

Like erzn likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

463 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you