CSS to change highlight color for commented text? Edited

When text is highlighted to signial that it's been commented on, a few things happen...

1: text is highlighted yellow until comment is resolved

2: If curser hovers over highlighted text, the yellow darkens.. then goes back to normal once curser is no longer hovering

3: once comment is resolved, the highlight dissapears completely

4. if comment is reopened, text is re-highlighted yellow

I want to change from yellow and darkened yellow to other colors.

I've found that entering .inline-comment-marker { background: #4EE2EC !important  } will forever change the highlight color regardless if comment is resolved or hovered on and .inline-comment-marker { background: #4EE2EC } will change the highlight color for about 1 second after a page refresh only to turn to the default yellow again afterwards.

Any suggestions?

note: I am entering this in the LOOK AND FEEL -> StyleSheet portion of SPACE TOOLS

1 answer

0 vote

Hi P.F.,

The feature request CONFSERVER-40679 has a slightly different workaround listed:

.inline-comment-marker.valid { 
lor:#000 !important; 
background: #F3F315 !important;

Can you try that and let us know if that works for you?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Yes it did. I actually figured it out slightly after I posted this question. There are 4 colors total involved with inline comment highlighting. Here they are for anyone who wishes to know the details...

MAIN COLOR OF COMMENT HIGHLIGHTING
.inline-comment-marker.valid { background#4EE2EC !important}

HIGHLIGHTING COLOR WHEN CURSOR IS HOVERING OVER COMMENT
.inline-comment-marker.valid:hover {background-color#1CB0BA !important }

COLOR OF COMMENT HIGHLIGHTING IN POP-UP WINDOW WHEN UN-RESOLVING A COMMENT (background color is highlighed color, color is font color
#ic-resolved-comment-dialog .ic-display-comment-view .ic-display-comment .ic-body .ic-content blockquote .ic-resolved-marker { background-color:#48CCCD !importantcolor:#25383C !important } 

COLOR OF COMMENT HIGHLIGHTING WHEN CLICKED ON
.ic-current-selection {background-color#56A5EC !important

P.F.,

Great news! Glad you were able to figure it out :) 

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,990 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you