CSS Sticky code doesn't apply once in a page layout.

becki.marsh September 26, 2019

I have a table within a DIV macro that applies coding and CSS styling. As part of this it allows the table headings to stick to the page, but functionality stops as soon as the table is placed within any page layout.

The table is a Confluence Table and not one generated via HTML.

The reason the div scripting is in place is to provide search functionality across the table or to specified columns depending on the use case.

I'm guessing there is an overflow: hidden lurking in one of the layout associated CSS classes, I just can't see to spot which one.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hello Becki,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

Concerning the sticky headings, Confluence table headings are sticky by default. Have a look at Confluence Tables > Sticky table headers in view mode for more details:

Sticky table headers in view mode

In some instances table header rows will stick to the top when you're viewing a page, making those really long tables easier to read. There are a few exceptions, though. Table headers aren't sticky when your table:

• Is inside a page layout, inside another table, or inside a macro.
  • Has no header row or there are cells in the top row that aren't marked as headers.
  • Has a header column, instead of a header row, and scrolls horizontally.
  • Contains another table, that has its own header row. 

In addition, there's an add-on Table Filter and Charts for Confluence that can help with this.

Besides the sticky headings, is your CSS styling not working? Could you show us what you're trying to do with the styling and the code that you've used so far? It will also help if you let us know your Confluence version.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events