CPU running at 30% after upgrade no load on the system (as far as I can see)

Jaime Romaguera July 23, 2013

Hi,

Upgrading from Confluence 3.5.17 to 5.x via 4.3.7

Our confluence 3.5.17 server with no load has the CPU running roughly around 0 - 5%. But I notice when I when upgraded to 4.3.7 that the CPU with no load running @ 25 to 30%. Upgrading to Confluence 5.1.3 does the same, cpu with no load running @ 25% to 30%

There is no DB latency, I have deleted and rebuild the the Index. Removed all the plugin folders in confluence.home directory. I has disable the plugins. Adjusted the cache statistics The cpu is still running between 25% and 30%

Wondering if this normal? Are there something I am missing

We are running the Confluence on VMWare ESX4

Virtual Confluence is running the following specs

O/S: Linux 2.6.32-358.6.1.el6.x86_64
CPU: 2
RAM: 8192Gb
JAVA: 1.70.25
Tomcat: 6.0.35
Oracle Database: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0.

Java_OPTS environment: -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/var/lib/apache-tomcat-6.0.35/conf/logging.properties -Djava.io.tmpdir=/wiki/tmp -Xms5890m -Xmx5890m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Dspep.data=/wiki/spep -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8086 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=qutwiki01-qas.qut.edu.au -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/var/lib/apache-tomcat-6.0.35/endorsed -Dcatalina.base=/var/lib/apache-tomcat-6.0.35 -Dcatalina.home=/var/lib/apache-tomcat-6.0.35 -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/lib/apache-tomcat-6.0.35/temp

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jaime Romaguera October 31, 2013

Hi,

The reason is due to having more than 25000+ users account causing the the Confluence daily summary email macro causing the server to have high cpu. We disable the macro and restarted the service fixed the cpu issue

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

It could be a temporary thing while Confluence pages are being migrated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events