[CONFLUENCE] How can I move a page to an archived space?

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

I love the new ability to archive a space so it does not show up on search results pages. However, when I try to move a page to an archived space it fails because it says it cannot find the space that I am referring to. The only workaround I have found is to un-archive the space, wait for it to show in the index, move it, and then archive it again. Surely there should be a simpler way?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that you are correct that it isn't currently possible to move pages between archived and unarchived spaces. I think this fucntionality should be added to the product and so I have created a feature request for this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26967

Unfortunately at the moment the only solution is to unarchive the space, move the page and archive the space again as you have discovered. However, hopefully our developers will favourably review the feature request I ahve created for this issue and add this fucntionality to a future version of Confluence.

All the best,
John

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2012

Thanks. I've voted for the feature request in JIRA.

5 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Hey!

We believe that managing expired content manually is inefficient and error prone. The Archiving Plugin automates the process for you.

The plugin will find what is expired, notifies the authors to update it, and if nothing happens for a preconfigured period, it will automatically moved the expired pages to the corresponding archive space. It does it in the background periodically, just configure it and you can forget it.

It actually does a lot more, see the manual.

(Disl: I'm a developer working on this.)

Nana Wauters November 29, 2018

Hi Ferenc,

This is only for Server users. Is there a solution for Cloud users? 

Peter Eigenschink July 4, 2019

Hey Nana,

Are you still looking for a solution for Confluence Cloud? I am a vendor myself and I would be happy to hear about your needs regarding an archiving solution. If this is still something you are looking for please contact me.

Wishes
Peter

3 votes
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2012

You can move a page to an archived space using either the 'Recently Viewed' or 'Browse' tabs.

In the 'Advanced' tab you can also do it - just enter the space key directly in the 'New Space' text field. The dropdown will show "No matching spaces found", as the space is no longer found by search, but the move action will still succeed.

Jessica Beaudoin December 18, 2019

I'm aware this is an old comment, but just wanted to note that on Confluence 7.1.0, I was able to do this by selecting the archived space in Recently Viewed, but not by using the other two options Mark mentioned.

0 votes
Michele Lim [Cprime] November 20, 2018

Hello @Steve Goldberg2! We have recently made a free plug Power Scripts for Confluence which you can download from the Marketplace to help automate Confluence administration, one of the features is auto archiving. Here's a short video on how to do it https://youtu.be/lkLUBTgPoIY 

Hope this helps!

Michele

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events