[CONFLUENCE] How can I move a page to an archived space?

I love the new ability to archive a space so it does not show up on search results pages. However, when I try to move a page to an archived space it fails because it says it cannot find the space that I am referring to. The only workaround I have found is to un-archive the space, wait for it to show in the index, move it, and then archive it again. Surely there should be a simpler way?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that you are correct that it isn't currently possible to move pages between archived and unarchived spaces. I think this fucntionality should be added to the product and so I have created a feature request for this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26967

Unfortunately at the moment the only solution is to unarchive the space, move the page and archive the space again as you have discovered. However, hopefully our developers will favourably review the feature request I ahve created for this issue and add this fucntionality to a future version of Confluence.

All the best,
John

Thanks. I've voted for the feature request in JIRA.

You can move a page to an archived space using either the 'Recently Viewed' or 'Browse' tabs.

In the 'Advanced' tab you can also do it - just enter the space key directly in the 'New Space' text field. The dropdown will show "No matching spaces found", as the space is no longer found by search, but the move action will still succeed.

Hey!

We believe that managing expired content manually is inefficient and error prone. The Archiving Plugin automates the process for you.

The plugin will find what is expired, notifies the authors to update it, and if nothing happens for a preconfigured period, it will automatically moved the expired pages to the corresponding archive space. It does it in the background periodically, just configure it and you can forget it.

It actually does a lot more, see the manual.

(Disl: I'm a developer working on this.)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

468 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you