Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONF 4.3.x: Converting wiki-markup table-plus macro to native/bundled 4.3.x table

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

Can anyone offer some advice. I'm attempting to convert 3rd party "table-plus" macro which works under 4.3.1 when placed within the wiki markup macro. Typically we used this for simple table sorting which is now a default feature of the native (bundled) table macro in 4.3.x

Unmodified, and housed within the Conflunce 4.x "insert wiki markup" macro, the table-plus macro looks like:

{wiki-markup}
  {table-plus:sortColumn=1}
   || Name || Phone  ||
   |  John | 555-1234 |
   |  Mary | 555-2134 |
   |  Bob  | 555-4527 |
  {table-plus}
{wiki-markup}

My intial thought was to remove the {table-plus} macro command, and then apply the "wikiToXhtmlMigrationUpgradeTask" (<Confluence Address>/admin/force-upgrade.action) to upgrade the wiki markup table notation to XHTML. The change before runign the XHTML conversion looks like:

{wiki-markup}
   || Name || Phone  ||
   |  John | 555-1234 |
   |  Mary | 555-2134 |
   |  Bob  | 555-4527 |
{wiki-markup}

However, after running "wikiToXhtmlMigrationUpgradeTask" the page remains unchanged (my table notation is still encapsulated within the wiki markup macro).

What's confusing me is that when upgrading from 3.x to 4.x this type of table wiki markup was converted automatically as part of the upgrade process. I also stopped and restarted confluence (wondering if pages were checked/changed on startup), but there was no change.

Am i missing somthing obvious?

Gavin.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

Cut/copy the table wiki markup and then use Insert -> wiki markup and then paste in the markup.

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2012

Hey Bob, many thanks for this tip, this works perfectly! For the record I'll be continuing to use {table-plus} just for more complex use cases.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2014

Obviously a cut/paste solution doesn't scale for more than a few pages.

Jositz, Michael (Allianz SE) August 6, 2014

I have the same question, manual migration is not an option in our instance.

Does anybody have an idea how to do an automated migration? We use Confluence 5.5.4 and Advances Tables Macro 6.5.

Thanks a lot! Michael

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2014

Off the top of my head you could have someone script some actions in their favorite flavor of software. Install the Confluence Source Editor, load up the pages you want to edit, and replace the appropriate xhtml text elements (opening and closing tags) with the new ones. I haven't done something like that here but it should be simple to pull off.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migration+from+Wiki+Markup+to+XHTML-Based+Storage+Format

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events