Run CLI Actions in Confluence 

any help will be appreciated!

Ariel

2 answers

1 vote
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2015

Hello Ariel,

so the first one comes bundled with any other specific CLI-tool in the suite and is used for the integration of multiple Atlassian tools.
The second is the Confluence specific CLI-tool which contains Client- and Server-Applications/Addons for Confluence specificly.
The last one is a tool with which you can define administrative actions, that you can trigger right out of Confluence. I.e. you can create an action to create a new JIRA project from inside a Confluence-page, giving users with access to this page, the power to create new projects, without granting them JIRA administrator permissions.

The general use of the CLI tools in general is to "outsource" administrative tasks outside of the application to give more flexibility to run these tasks from outside the application. For instance: Considering you don't have a central user directory (like an active directory) but instead a self-developed tool that creates a new account for a new employee on all used tools. Using the CLI tools, you could empower this tool to create such new users within the Atlassian tools (or simply JIRA/Crowd if you use their user directory for the Atlassian suite).

There's of course a lot more things you can do with these tools, but I hope I could give you an impression and inspiration if they're useful for you.

Regards,
Philipp

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015
0 votes
Ariel Tikotsky February 17, 2015

Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events