Button to Edit Current Page

Taylor Roche October 1, 2019

Hello I have developed a set of templates that we are using to manage programs within my organization. When a new program is kicked-off we create a new Confluence page for it using the template. 

The template is pretty complex with lots of child pages and extensive use of the Excerpt Macro. Consequently, knowing where to go to edit content isn't always intuitive for new users since what they see on the screen may just be an included excerpt from a different page.

What I would like to do is include an "Edit Content" button/link in each of the Root Content Pages so that when users want to edit the content they don't need to navigate down to the root page via the page tree...instead this button will take them directly to the edit page for the content.

What I would like is a Button or other means that allows the user to "Edit Current Page" and navigates them to the Edit screen for the page that is hosting the link "Edit Current Page" button.

I am familiar with copying the hyperlink while in edit mode and using this address to provide the user with link to the edit view of a page. However, here's the challenge. Since I distribute a template across the company for new programs I don't want to have to go in and update the "Edit Content" Hyperlink for every page every time we use the template to create a support a new program.

I hope this makes sense. Does anyone know of a means to create a generic button that would provide the functionality of navigating the user to the Edit view of the current page?

Than you!

1 answer

0 votes
John Arrowwood October 11, 2023

I have a very similar need.  Is there a solution yet?

Taylor Roche October 11, 2023

No solution found on my end yet....still editing hyperlinks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events