cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk importing Word Documents as Knowledgebase Articles

Mike Clarke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Hi,

I'm keen to learn if it's possible to bulk import Word documents as KB articles.

I know it's possible to individually import Word docs and manually configure them as KB articles, but if we have 200+ of these it seems a bit laborious.

Has anyone faced this before?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2021

Hi Mike,

I wanted to follow up on this case to confirm there's no functionality to bulk-import Office documents. I raised a feature request for this before, but it was closed since we don't have plans to implement it in the near future.

I would recommend trying a Marketplace app, such as All-in-one File importer. Maybe that can help you?

Take care, 

Shannon

2 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Well the Import Word Document function allows you to break the incoming document into seperate pages based upon headings. For example, if you have a consisent structure, as long as each article has its title formatted as H1, then  you can have Confluence break each h1 into a seperate page. Works well. But you must have the Word content formatted properly (i.e., Heading 1, heading 2, etc, and not manually formatted text).

Mike Clarke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

Thanks @Bill Bailey that's a great start!

I can see how that would be a really great way to bulk import Word Docs as Pages, but then each page would need manual configuration to make it a Knowledgebase article wouldn't it? (e.g. adding labels)

Ideally we want to bulk import Word Docs as pages in a knowledgebase with as little manual intervention as reasonably possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events