Bulk edit JIRA issue macro to point to a different instance of jira

We recently migrated both JIRA and Confluence from cloud to server. The confluence JIRA issue macro links are broken, still pointing to the cloud installation of JIRA (which is still running). I attempted to follow the instructions in the relevant guide (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+bulk+edit+JIRA+Issue+Macro+to+point+to+a+different+JIRA+instance), but after being copied, both the server and cloud JIRA instances have identical application IDs and names. I can change the name of the server by altering the title in JIRA General Configuration, but see no way to alter the JIRA application id. Please advise.

Thank you,

Jack

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jack,

I believe you can forcefully remove the app links from both apps and recreate them using the correct URL this time using this link.

Then, by editing the page contents withing the database using the SQL below, it should pointing to the new JIRA server URL:

UPDATE BODYCONTENT
   SET BODY = REPLACE(BODY,'<old_string>','<new_string>');

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

477 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you