Bulk conversion of pages to new editor

ryder September 14, 2020

Hi all,

the subject give a hint to my question.

Is there way to buld convert all pages of one space to the new editor format without manual editing each page?

Perhaps using the bobswitft cli?

Thanks to all.

ciao

ryder

2 answers

0 votes
Kinnera Siriki (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hello @ryder 

Good Day!

We have a workaround to convert all the pages in space to a new editor through the renderRequest parameter along with runFromPageList parameter. Please refer to the below action command for the same:

The command to bulk convert all pages in space to a new editor:

--action runFromPageList --space KT --common "--action renderRequest --request "/rest/api/content/@contentId@/convert\?\hash=13" --type "JSON" --requestType PUT" --continue

To convert a single page into a new editor please use the below action:

--action renderRequest --request "/rest/api/content/506527918/convert?hash=13" --type "JSON" --requestType PUT

In the above action command, the 506527918 within the URL refers to the page id.

Regards
Kinnera

lesterw September 23, 2021

Where is this command line executed?

Mark Haller October 24, 2022

Hi there!

I realise this is a year old ... but is it still the recommended approach?

Only asking as it's failing for me -

Run: --action renderRequest --request /rest/api/content/28999251/convert\?\hash=13 --type JSON --requestType PUT
Remote error: Invalid request. Response code: 400. Use -v to see more details.

0 votes
Kinnera Siriki (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020

Hi @ryder 

We are from the BobSwift support team and would like to inform you that we have created a support request SUPPORT-4673 on your behalf in our portal.

Request you to signup to the portal and let us know the username so that we can make you the reporter and will be able to access the ticket.

Please find the below link to signup to the portal: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals/1

Best Regards

Kinnera Siriki

ryder September 15, 2020

I'm not sure, if I got your right.

I use the same account from Atassian Community for your portal.

Best wishes

ryder

Kinnera Siriki (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2020

Hi @ryder 

Please sign up for our portal using the link below

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/user/signup?destination=portals%2F1%3Fignored%3Dportals%2F1

Provide the email address where you will be receiving the confirmation link to access our portal.

We have opened an improvement request https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/ACLI-1572 for converting pages to the new editor using Confluence CLI with our development team to track the progress. Our development team will perform further feasibility analysis towards a fix.

If you are facing any issue to access the request, please try to access it through incognito mode.

Also please add yourself as a watcher to the request to receive future updates on this improvement request

Best Regards

Kinnera Siriki

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events