Building knowledge base system with AzureAD / Office365

vadaszgabor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 28, 2018

Hello,

We would like to build a knowledge base system for our AzureAD / Office 365 users.

How can I do it? Which is the best product for it? Confluence or Jira SD? (Cloud version)

We have only 2-3 author who managing the KB articles.

Thanks,

Gabor

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2018

If you use Jira SD you still need to have Confluence. Anyway SD is only having integration when you create a ticket not a complete KB system. The only choice I think it is Confluence.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2018

Confluence is the better place for a knowledge base - it's designed for us to write, collaborate on, and share docs as easily as possible, whereas Jira is an issue tracker, so it's aimed at more structured (field based) data and having a workflow that eventually says "this issue is done, so it will generally be ignored from now on)

But, JSD is for gathering issues and helping people fix stuff or get things done.  So I'd use that for gathering work and for directing people through the knowledge base.  It suggests documents from Confluence when people start raising issues.

0 votes
vadaszgabor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 28, 2018

Thank you for your answers. Currently we only use JIRA Cloud, but I'll try Confluece for building KB.

And can I easily integrate with o365 users without pay for this external users?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events