Building an automatic Summary from multiple pages

Carlos Fry May 7, 2022

I want five (5) managers to fill out a weekly Confluence template summarizing their work and their meeting discussion with their team. One section of the Manager Notes, I want the manager to write a brief (3-5 sentence) summary.

How do I create a summary page that pulls all the summary notes together?

When the manager team comes together to meet, all of their summary blocks should "roll up" onto the Manager meeting page, without anyone needing to cut and paste.

A couple thoughts from experiments:

* the 'decisions' and 'actions' macros work, and we can filter well enough with these to get the precision we need;

* the 'exerpt' macro seems close, but I can't get it to select the current week of reports for the manager without explicitly defining the pages in the macro

Any thoughts are welcome - and I am open to a Marketplace product for this.

2 answers

1 vote
Darja Majninger (K15t) May 9, 2022

Hi @Carlos Fry

Since you wrote you're open for a marketplace product for this, I think I can recommend our latest app Orderly Databases for Cloud to you.

With Orderly you can build a simple database within your space for your meetings notes, with each note-page as an entry. You can then enter all kind of metadata resembling these pages like dates, assigned users, links or also references to other databases in your space.

You can then refer to this database on any page you like by inserting the Orderly macros. You can insert either the whole/ part of the database as a table, one specific entry (is like a dynamic editable page property macro) or specific values from the database.

Also, you can filter those macros e.g. by date or user, to select the meeting notes you require for your manager meeting within the database.

It's free for up to 10 users. And if you have any additional questions, just contact us!

Best,
Darja

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

@Carlos Fry We did something similar but instead of creating a new page each week they just updated the same report.  Then the information we needed to be filtered up each week using he except macro and we were able to see the history of those pages in the versions.

If you need a new page each week you might look at using page properties. Then you can use the page properties report to bring the information up to the top and just order it by date.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events