Building Confluence docker container fails (libc6-compat)

Snorre Selmer May 3, 2018

I've followed the recipe here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/update-the-confluence-docker-image-to-use-oracle-jdk-829062521.html

Building works fine until step 13. Here I get the following error:

(4/29) Installing libc6-compat (1.1.18-r3)
ERROR: libc6-compat-1.1.18-r3: trying to overwrite lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 owned by glibc-2.27-r0.
ERROR: libc6-compat-1.1.18-r3: failed to rename lib64.apk-new to lib64.

Any suggestions? I'm up for testing whatever to make this work!

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Chevell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

Hi Snorre,

That error message suggests that your Dockerfile still includes the commands to install libc6-compat library. This should be removed from the list of libraries to be installed - from the doc you linked:

Within the same Dockerfile, remove the lib6-compat library as it is already in the above anapsix image. Also re-order the update-ca-certificates command as such:

• RUN apk update -qq \
        && update-ca-certificates \
        && apk add ca-certificates wget curl openssh bash procps openssl perl ttf-dejavu tini libc6-compat \
        && rm -rf /var/lib/{apt,dpkg,cache,log}/ /tmp/* /var/tmp/*

to

RUN apk update -qq \
        && apk add ca-certificates wget curl openssh bash procps openssl perl ttf-dejavu tini \
        && update-ca-certificates \
        && rm -rf /var/lib/{apt,dpkg,cache,log}/ /tmp/* /var/tmp/*

If it's still not working for you after making this change, can you post your Dockerfile contents here?

Cheers,

Dave

Snorre Selmer May 4, 2018

The container built successfully. One warning was thrown when updating the CA-certs: "WARNING: ca-certificates.crt does not contain exactly one certificate or CRL: skipping", but I can live with that. I'll set up a container stack once I get home from work, to see if the lack of libc6-compat affects the running of the container.

Dave Chevell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2018

Hey Snorre,

I should clarify: the base image already has libc6-compat installed. This is actually why you got the initial error - the binary trying to be installed already existed. So your container still includes this library, and you should see no ill effects related to removing that line from your Dockerfile. 

Cheers,

Dave

Snorre Selmer May 4, 2018

Ah! Well, the application is running smoothly now, working on building Bitbucket, and then it's onto Jira. Hopefully I'll have all three up and running by the end of the weekend. :) Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

Hi Snorre,

Try deleting the package in another step and then re install

apk del libc6-compat
Snorre Selmer May 3, 2018

I just tried this, still gave the same error. :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events