It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Build a table from other tables

Is there a way to build a table based on tables on different pages without using the  Multiexcerpt macro?

When we update one of those tables, automatically update the consolidated table?

Thank you. 

3 answers

Hello Maria,

I think I have a solution for your use case if you use Confluence Server or Data Center. The Table Excerpt Include macro supports multi-export from pages by labels starting from the version 5.0.0 of the Table Filter and Charts app. The new version also includes a new macro: Table Transformer that provides merging tables and any other kinds of table transformation:

1. Insert the Table Excerpt macro instead of the Page Properties macro, set the 'Excerpt name' parameter, and place the tables within the macro body on every page.

2019-03-28_18h14_32.png

2019-03-28_18h09_44.png

2. Add labels to the pages.

2019-03-28_18h15_43.png

3. Add the Table Excerpt Include macro on the page where you want to have a data table and select the option 'From pages by labels', specify 'Excerpt name' and 'Page labels' parameters.

2019-03-28_18h22_47.png

4. Wrap the Table Excerpt include macro in the Table Transformer macro, use 'Merge tables' preset to merge all the tables in one.

2019-03-28_18h11_16.png

2019-03-28_18h27_21.png

Please let me know if it helps.

Thank you Natalie. I'm going to test it.

0 votes
Davin_Studer Community Leader Jan 11, 2019

Have you looked into the page properties and page properties report macros?

Hi David

Yes, I already try that, but only shows the first line of the table.

Thank you.

Hi there. Not sure if previous solutions helped you. I've mixed couple advises from other people: filters.png

So each meeting we had a table with Agenda.

The task was to show on one page all meeting agendas for the past one year. 

Solution is: 

1. Convert individual agenda tables into Table Excerpt. 

2. Get all tables on one page through Table Excerpt Include.

3. Assemble ONE table from many by using Table Transformer macros

4. On top of this Table give users the ability to sort and filter Data on that Table. 

Maybe there are more elegant ways to deal with that task but I found the solution in 10 min by browsing answers at Atlassian Community. 

Good luck! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you