Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Attachement Version Increases Despite Reverting

Fabia Köpfli May 23, 2023

I think I found a bug and since I don't know where else to file it I am asking it here:
I have a confluence page with a pdf on it (lets call it example.pdf). If I now go into edit mode of this page and replace the example.pdf with a pdf that has the same name but different content, and publish the page it is now version 2 of this pdf (which is how it is intended, that works.) This can be checked in the attachments.
The problem is if I go into edit mode again, do the same thing again (replace it) but now I click on "Revert changes to last published version" then the pdf version still is increased (would be version 3 now!). This is unwanted behaviour for me since I intended to go back to the last published version and would expect the version of the pdf still be version 2. 
Even worse, if I have a page that at point A in time has version 1 of the pdf, and then after some page updates at point B in time has version 3 of this pdf, if I go into the page history and revert to the publishment of point A, then the version is still 3 and is not reverted to 1!

I think that is a bug. The version increases even though changes are reverted to last published (and there indeed is no update in the page history, but the pdf has changed and increased version)..... this should not be the case!

Is someone else experiencing this?
How can I file this correctly?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events