Broken the 'Edit Custom HTML Page'

Bristow November 24, 2014

So I managed to break the 'Custom HTML Page'.

Initially it wouldn't let me edit the text box's because the code I had saved had an error within it.

I then followed the link below that seemed to indicate it would reset the fields to the default values.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Customized+HTML+Breaks+the+%27Edit+Custom+HTML%27+Page

However by doing so I got an error;

"Your request could not be processed because a required security token was not present in the request. You may need to re-submit the form or reload the page."

And now I'm left with some default text, and I am unable to edit the text box's still!

brokenhtmlpage.png

Any ideas?

Has anyone else experienced and got a fix?

Edit: It seemed to fix this issue it self, could have been a caching issue. Will leave open as I no doubt will face the same issue later on today...

3 answers

5 votes
Brian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2014

Hey there Bristow, 

What happens when you click "Save" or "Cancel"? Does that take you out of the screen? If so, you should be able to edit the Custom HTML after that.

If not, you may want to try clearing the Confluence caches (at Confluence Admin > Cache Statistic > Flush all) OR restarting Confluence, which will clear the caches. Then navigate back to the Custom HTML page to see if you can edit the text boxes again.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Brian 

If I 'Save' or 'Cancel', and go back to that screen they are still greyed out and disabled. Will clearing the Cache have any other affects on the system?

Brian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2014

Clearing the cache will force Confluence to fetch fresh data from the database, so you may notice some pages may not load as fast as before. But that will change once the caches start to populate.

Bruce von Kugelgen November 21, 2016

Had the same problem, and flushing the Caches worked like a charm.

Jeramy S June 18, 2020

Four years later and I have the same issue. 

Which cache did you flush? When I go to our Cache Management page, I see a lot of different things that I can flush.

Thank  you.

0 votes
Daniel Samuels February 6, 2015

HI @Brian Tom, 

Thanks for the advice to clear the cache - that fixed the issue for me (though it did clear all my code).

Best,

Daniel

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

Hi Bristow,

I once had a similar problem smile (Remove erroneous custom HTML) and ended up in removing the faulty code directly from the database using SQL.

Cheers,
Kirstin

Will check this out, hoping clearing the cache will solve the issue as I don't particularly want to start digging around in SQL!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events