Broken table layout due to a Decision logs macro

Valerie Pierre December 16, 2020

Hi,  I have a Confluence page that uses a Decision logs macro. In edit mode, it's fine, but after saving it, the layout is kind of broken, ie the last column gets squashed!! Has anyone encountered that problem? and found what was causing it?

I thought maybe some of the text formatting we were putting in one of the decision tables was causing this, so I made sure to remove any formatting, but still no luck.

Here is a screenshot of the headers that illustrates what happens to the last column:

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 7.09.38 PM.pngThanks in advance for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Valerie Pierre May 20, 2021

For info, the way I worked around this was by removing the driver column for the macro table config, not sure why, but after that it looks much better.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

@Valerie Pierre 

Are you the only one experiencing this issue? Or did other user report it as well?

Also did you try on a different browser?

Best,

Fadoua

Valerie Pierre December 21, 2020

@Fadoua 

Thank you for your message. I don't know about others in the community, but this has been happening for us and it's really cumbersome to read.

We use this macro to show the status of our recent decision page across all of our Confluence spaces. 

I don't think the issue is browser dependent, I could reproduce it in both Chrome and Safari. What's really weird is that the table shows fine in Edit mode! It's only after saving it that it shows with this squashed Driver column.

In case that could help here is the list of fields that are listed in one of the Decision pages. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 12.41.51 PM.png

And here is the list of fields that we selected for display on the decision report macro:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 12.40.04 PM.png

For reference: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-decision-report-macro/

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

@Valerie Pierre  sorry for the confusion, I meant any other users in your company are experiencing this issue?

Anyway, since you are a Cloud user and same behaviour is happening in other browsers, please click here to raise a Support Ticket with Atlassian

Best,

Fadoua

Valerie Pierre January 5, 2021

Thank you, will do.

Like Fadoua likes this
Tracy Moffat May 13, 2021

Same issue here since moving to the new editor. Our old decision logs look fine but the ones added with the new editor are squashed.  We've already logged a ticket for this since it doesn't seem to have been resolved.

Valerie Pierre May 20, 2021

@Tracy Moffat for info, the way I worked around this was by removing the driver column for the macro table config, not sure why, but after that it looks much better.

Like Tracy Moffat likes this
Tracy Moffat May 21, 2021

Thank you @Valerie Pierre , we had tried removing columns to no avail.  We ended up creating a page with the Legacy Editor as Confluence support indicated that it's a known issue with the Fabric editor, noted in this bug report:

Displaying decisions with long text on the Decisions Report macro breaks the Page title Column on the macro after publishing

Like Valerie Pierre likes this
Valerie Pierre May 21, 2021

Thank you @Tracy Moffat for sharing the link to the bug report. I indicated it impacts our team as well. 

Like Tracy Moffat likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events