Bring back CMD+S! Edited

After yesterday's update, CMD+S no longer saves pages. Instead, it lets the browser deal with the keyboard shortcut, showing the "Save this page" dialog.

I realize you're trying to be consistent and leave the standard keyboard shortcuts for the browser, but saving an HTML page locally is not a common operation. No-one will complain if you continue to take it over.

CMD+Enter, your new shortcut, is not intuitive, and it's usually used for adding a "small carriage return", a <br/> instead of a <p>.

Please do the right thing and bring back CMD+S.

2 answers

0 vote

Hello Peldi,

Thank you for your feedback. I was able to find a feature request for this change in our system, so I would advise you to vote on it and watch it:

Please also feel free to comment your feedback directly on that ticket as it will be seen by our development team.

Regards,

Shannon

Voted +1 on CONFCLOUD-58302. CMD-s was actually the one shortcut I learned right away when I started using Confluence. I hope it returns back! 🙏

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

967 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you