Bread Crumbs bar and Edit bar missing on page

Avinash Vellala September 11, 2019

Hi there,

One of our user is having this issue where the Bread crumbs and the Edit bar on top right is missing. They appear when the user exits the browser (Chrome) and relogins. But once the page user goes in edit mode and exits  the bread crumbs and edit bar disappears. This is happening for this user and not on other users on same permissions.

confluence missing buttons.JPG

After relogin they disappear

confluence missing buttons 2.JPG

Even the Comments section disappears.

I have tried clearing the browser cache but didn't work.

Thanks,

Avinash

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Avinash,

Thank you for letting us know about this.

There's a bug at the moment that sounds similar to the issue your user is having:

Your workaround is to clear temporary data:

If you're on Chrome, you can follow the steps below:

1. Access one of the pages on Confluence where you noticed the problem;
  2. Go to the browser's menu and select View -> Developer -> * Developer Tools*
  3. Open the Application tab and select * Clear Storage* on the left;
  4. Hit the Clear Site Data button;

If your user continues to have the issue after immediately clearing temporary data, I'd like to know more about the issue. Has your user tried this in Incognito mode as well? Does the issue only occur in Chrome, or also in other browsers?

I would also recommend disabling all add-ons in Chrome and see if the problem persists.

Lastly, you could check using the Developer Tools in Chrome to see if anything is blocking it or causing issues with that section loading.

Regards,

Shannon

Avinash Vellala September 16, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your reply. I will try your suggestions and let you know.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2019

Avinash,

No problem! Just follow-up with us if you have any issues getting that to work.

Regards,

Shannon

Avinash Vellala September 22, 2019

Hi Shannon,

The issue only occurs in Chrome browser (works well in Edge). But doesn't happen in incognito mode.

Regards,

Avinash

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 23, 2019

Avinash,

Thank you for confirming. Does the issue continue to clear up when you clear your browser cache?

Regards,

Shannon

Avinash Vellala September 25, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Yes, it still happens in Chrome even after clearing the browser cache.

Regards,

Avinash

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2019

Avinash,

Thank you for letting me know. At this time, the bug I thought affected you is resolved, so can you please try the following one more time in Chrome?

1. Access one of the pages on Confluence where you noticed the problem, and go to the browser's menu and select View -> Developer -> Developer Tools
  2. Open the Application tab and select Clear Storage on the left;
  3. Hit the Clear Site Data button;

4. Test the page and see if your user can see the edit bar.

In the event that this does not help, please raise a ticket with the Support team, because they will need to directly access your instance to determine the issue. You can then update the thread here once it's resolved to let us know what the issue was. It can help other users in the future.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events