Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Blueprints vs Templates

What’s the best way to determine if you need a blueprint vs a template (i.e., a go-to-market plan that touches on multiple teams)?

2 answers

2 votes

Hey @Laurie Vazquez ! This is actually covered here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/pre-format-your-content-with-templates/

Administrator needs may play a role in the decision to go with blueprints versus templates, but also crucial is that blueprints are templates created by Atlassian or by third-party developers. So, if I'm understanding correctly, you could create your own template but not your own blueprint.

2 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 19, 2022

Hi @Laurie Vazquez ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Below is some useful info for you to understand more about templates and blueprints. 

Templates in Confluence are essentially pages with pre-populated content.

Blueprints are a few steps beyond that, and provide some powerful features to assist users in easily creating pre-formatted pages in a standardized, guided manner. A few features specific to Blueprints include the following:

• Pages created using specific blueprints are automatically organized into an indexed list for easy access and page overviews.
  • Blueprints are tailored precisely to specific use cases, such as team meeting notes, product requirements, and attachment lists, just to name a few.
  • Blueprints can be highlighted on the "Create Page" dialog to help encourage their use and standardize page formatting.
  • You can customize blueprint templates to make each blueprint do exactly what you need

You can go through the below web page for more info.

Using-confluence-templates-and-blueprints-to-better-structure-your-instance 

I hope above info helps. Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

I think we posted at the exact same time! TEAMWORK :)

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 19, 2022

@Elizabeth Barr  Yes. Thanks for the sharing the info, I book marked those pages.  Play, as a team !

Like Elizabeth Barr likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

167 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you