Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprints vs Templates

Laurie Vazquez April 19, 2022

What’s the best way to determine if you need a blueprint vs a template (i.e., a go-to-market plan that touches on multiple teams)?

2 answers

2 votes
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hey @Laurie Vazquez ! This is actually covered here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/pre-format-your-content-with-templates/

Administrator needs may play a role in the decision to go with blueprints versus templates, but also crucial is that blueprints are templates created by Atlassian or by third-party developers. So, if I'm understanding correctly, you could create your own template but not your own blueprint.

2 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi @Laurie Vazquez ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Below is some useful info for you to understand more about templates and blueprints. 

Templates in Confluence are essentially pages with pre-populated content.

Blueprints are a few steps beyond that, and provide some powerful features to assist users in easily creating pre-formatted pages in a standardized, guided manner. A few features specific to Blueprints include the following:

• Pages created using specific blueprints are automatically organized into an indexed list for easy access and page overviews.
  • Blueprints are tailored precisely to specific use cases, such as team meeting notes, product requirements, and attachment lists, just to name a few.
  • Blueprints can be highlighted on the "Create Page" dialog to help encourage their use and standardize page formatting.
  • You can customize blueprint templates to make each blueprint do exactly what you need

You can go through the below web page for more info.

Using-confluence-templates-and-blueprints-to-better-structure-your-instance 

I hope above info helps. Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2022

I think we posted at the exact same time! TEAMWORK :)

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2022

@Elizabeth Barr  Yes. Thanks for the sharing the info, I book marked those pages.  Play, as a team !

Like Elizabeth Barr likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events