Blueprint templates - copying, editing and user macros

Pip Regan February 8, 2018
Hi,
I want to create a copy of the meeting note blueprint so that I can change the structure for some of the meeting notes we capture. I also want to keep the original blueprint. The use case is as follows:

We have users wanting to use the existing blueprint for meeting notes and others wanting a modified version. I can't find a "duplicate" function so I made a global template but find that things like $currentDateLozenge no longer work which is tedious. Is there a way to get this working? Are user Macros the answer? If so are they supported on cloud instances?

Ideally I'd also be getting users to tag the notes by customer name so that they can later be filtered by customer.

Any ideas? I'm sure it should be easy...

1 answer

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2018

Hi Pip,

You can edit existing Blueprints but it's not possible to duplicate them. If you need to make a new one, then these need to be developed, much like add-ons.

Inserting the current date would indeed need a User Macro, but this is a restricted function in Cloud, so not possible.

We do have a feature request to be able to set variables in Cloud Confluence, so please feel free to vote on and watch this issue:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Mark McPartland December 11, 2019

I have the exact same use case as @Pip Regan .
From 2018 response I see it was not possible to duplicate or even create a fully useful separate Blueprint in Cloud.

What is the likelihood you will introduce ability to duplicate templates at all @Shannon S ?

cheers
Mark

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2019

Hi Mark,

In Pip's case, they wanted to duplicate an entire blueprint, which is a set of programmed instructions that work with a set of global templates. 

In general, you can copy the information from one template, and paste it into a new template. However, things like blueprint variables will no longer work, which is the problem that Pip ran into. 

You can create your own template, and copy the data from one template into another through copying and pasting. This will work so long as there aren't any blueprint variables on the page.

The official feature request for copying templates is available below:

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events