Blog post contains a link that does not "preview" properly

Douglas And Lystra Brown August 22, 2018

Hello,

First time poster.

I have an issue that is hopefully an easy answer from an expert.

We have a blog post that contains a link.  On our main page, the blog post preview does not show the link, but rather the URL.  Makes the blog post look ugly.  

Does anyone know a way around this?

You can see the blog post on our main page here:
https://confluence.royalroads.ca:8443/

Any suggests are appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Gerrit De Smedt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2019

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem in Atlassian Confluence Cloud version.

We have a blog post that contains a link.  On our main page, the blog post preview does not show the link, but rather the URL.  Makes the blog post look ugly.  

I tried using the Link-option ; also with the CTRL-K.

Allways the same : In the blog post it shows the working link.   On the overview it writes the URL.

On a sidenote : that blog-stream overview does not take in account a 'shift-return' neither.

Sincerely,

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hello Douglas!
This is a really strange behaviour. I tried reproducing this locally with Confluence 6.9.3 and RefinedTheme 6.0.8 and was unable to.
Here is what I did:

# Installed Confluence 6.9.3
# Installed RefinedTheme 6.0.8
# Created a Blog post with links
# Edited the Site Home
# Inserted a new Module of the Confluence Content type
# Added the Blog Post macro
# The Link was correctly displayed

Notes on this process:

- Try re-inserting the links using the CTRL+K shortcut or the link tool at the editor toolbar
- Check if the link is displayed in a normal Confluence Page with the Blogpost macro
- Try to Clear Plugin cache

Hope this helps!

Douglas And Lystra Brown September 5, 2018

Hello Diego,

How can I tell what version of Confluence we are running?

We are about to update our Confluence to a new version, and the new version truncates the link so that it does not break the theme (go outside the column parameters), so this is not an urgent thing.  But in both the current and the new version, the link is a link in the blog post, but a URL in the preview on our main page.

I did insert the link in both ways you described and it gave me the same results.

I don't have access to the backend, but I will contact our server people to review the steps you provided.

Thanks for your feedback.

douglas

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hello Douglas! You check your Application Version by doing this:

1- Go into General Configuration>System Information

2- Under Confluence Information check the Confluence Version line

3- There you can see your application version

Looking forward to your findings. Let us know if clearing the plugin cache fixes this or if after the upgrade you are able to correctly view links.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events