Best way to display a table on another page

chinmay shah October 24, 2019

What is the best way to display a single column table another page and merge it with another table on the destination page ?

I tried using Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include but for some reason i dont see the Source option show up in the macro.

2 answers

2 votes
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2019

Hello,

@chinmay shah, you are on the right track. However, the Excerpt source option is available starting from version 5.0.0 of the Table Filter and Charts app. Please, check the version installed in your Confluence instance. Also, please make sure you use the Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros instead of Confluence default Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros (there is no functionality to select the source in the built-in macros).

@Bastian Stehmann , you're right, the tables can be merged with the help of the Table Transformer macro. This macro is also available starting from version 5.0.0.

chinmay shah October 25, 2019

Hi thanks for the response. It seems i have Confluence version 6.6.8.

I dont seem to have Table Transfer macro though. Also when i try to use table excerpt include macro i dont the option to specify the source page. i.e. the Source text box is missing.

Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2019

Hi @chinmay shah ,

In case you have the Table Filter and Charts app installed, but can't find the Table Transformer macro or the Excerpt source option, you may ask your Confluence Administrator to update the app to the latest version because these features are available from version 5.0.0 of the Table Filter and Charts app.

In case you don't have this app and use the default Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros, there is no option to select the source in these macros:

2019-10-28_09h22_07.png

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2019

Hi @chinmay shah ,

Welcome to the community. 

I think your attempt to do it with table excerpt is the right one to get both tables on one page. If you want to merge both tables into one, I think you will need some kind of app.

Table Filters & Charts app gives you the table transformer macro, which can be used to merge tables.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events