Best way to add content to every page in a space?

Walter Stabosz November 2, 2011

I'm new to Confluence administration, but not Confluence as a wiki editor.

I have an onDemand wiki, and I wanted to figure out the best to create some content that will be applied to all the pages in a space.

I imagine the fasted way would be through some sort of plugin (if one existed)

However, my research suggests that I'll have to create a custom theme and put the content there.

Or an easier alternative to a custom theme is to put the content in a Space Template, and create all my pages from the template, but I don't like that solution because I'd never be able to change the content.

Or maybe creating a theme isn't all that hard.

For now, I just want add the Google Analytics JavaScript include to all my pages. So maybe if there is a plugin for that, let me know about it.

Thanks,

Walter

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Stabosz November 2, 2011

I found this http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+a+Site-Wide+Banner which describes the Custom HTML feature, and does suit my needs, however I don't appear to have a "Custom HTML" on my Confluence OnDemand site.

And this confirms it http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand, onDemand does not have Custom HTML

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

I'm not familiar with the SaaS confluence, but I believe the custom HTML is not disabled, in which case that's the best way for this particular task.

Admin -> custom html -> add the javascript to the section "at the end of head".

For the theming in general, as you probably can;t upload plugins, the best way might be to do it entirely in javascript, and include the relevant files using the mechanism above.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

Oh... that's surprising. You can do a lot with that custom html thing, and difficult to see why it's restricted. It's not as though it parses velocity or something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events